This blog is aiming to explore the inner psychology of the odds before the start of a match.

When and why are they moving??

Can we take advantage of this movement??

Monday, January 25, 2010

PRE-MATCH TRADING 25.1.2010 MATCHES TO FOLLOW

Today as we don't have plenty of choices I will follow:
   
1) Egypt vs Cameroon, Egypt' s odds (2,46) are moving down, good liquidity.
2) Kerkyra vs Olympiakos Volou, the home team's odds (2,3) are moving down, medium liquidity.

The last days we had big succes in our choices I hope that all of you could trade in a positive balance


Update1: Stop loss at Kerkira. Close position and reconsider if I re-open in this match. 

Update2: Stop loss also at Egypt. Big upwards movement of the odds but unfortunately I hadn't got the time to follow. Now the odds are up to 2,64 (back) and 2,66 (lay) !!!


If only I could watch the odds all the time!!! Egypt made a HUGE movement and was a nice opportunity for a nice profit. 
Unfortunately I came out with a loss because I could not watch the odds from my office.

2 comments:

  1. Hello there

    Just a few quick questions. What sort of size bank are you using and how much percentage do you usually use?

    How many ticks do you use before it hits your stop loss?

    What trading software are you using?

    Any chance you could show your profit and loss on each trade?

    Keep up the good work. This is an interesting blog.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. For this kind of trading I am playing with the 60% of my bank (more or less). I divide this number by 6 because usually I am trading three matches at the same time. If liquidity is poor I open and close my position with smaller stakes.

    I set my Stop loss at 2-3 ticks, I am trying to be disciplined to this. The good thing about pre-match trading in football is that there is not volatility in the markets and there is not delay time for stakes to get matched as in play trading.

    Now I am using Geekstoy software (that is for FREE!! Urahhhhhhhhh!!!).

    Maybe in future I will show some screen shots of my trading.

    I will post more details on what am I doing here.
    Thank you very much for your kind words!

    Please if you have any comments or suggestions feel free to post in my blog again.
    You are always welcome here

    Roberto

    ReplyDelete